Preparing To Blend Virtual Premarital Course For Engaged Couples
- Thu, Jan 05, 2023 – Thu, Feb 09, 2023
- World Wide Livestream From Little Rock, AR
Virtual Premarital Preparation with Ron Deal (on Zoom) | 6-sessions, January 5 - Feb 9, 2022 | 8:00-9:30 pm CT | Register Today
Get your premarital preparation from Ron Deal himself, one of the most widely read and watched authors on blended families in the U.S.
"Ron, thank you again so much for holding this class and sharing your time and expertise with all of us. I know what we learned will be incredibly helpful to us as we begin our married life together as a blended family." -- Group Participant
In this 6-week series designed for seriously dating or engaged couples (with at least one child from a previous relationship), Ron walks you through his book Preparing to Blend and offers additional insights and training. Sessions address:
- Not Just a Couple: Becoming a Family (Thurs, Jan 5, 2023) - The wedding may be about you, but everything after it is about becoming a family. But how do you do that? This session opens your eyes to stepfamily complexity and helps you get a handle on it.
- Helpful Expectations (Thurs, Jan 12, 2023) - Unrealistic expectations of your self and your family set you up for frustration and hurt, but helpful ones keep you on track.
- Co-Creating Familyness (Thurs, Jan 19, 2023) - You can't dictate how children will feel about a stepparent or stepsibling, but you can co-create a path forward.
- Parenting Together (Thurs, Jan 26, 2023) - More than anything parenting disagreements sabotage blended families. Learn how to avoid this and work toward parenting unity instead.
- Grieving Forward (Thurs, Feb 2, 2023) - When you gain a partner, your children experience more loss. Learn how to grieve forward together.
- Merging Money and Your Family (Thurs, Feb 9, 2023) - Financial issues divide many couples. Learn how merging money the smart way can actually strengthen your relationship.
Each session is 1.5 hours and includes teaching from Ron, group discussion, and open Q&A. Couples are encouraged to attend each session together (but don't have to be in the same location). Preparing to Blend is required reading (a section will be assigned before each session). Purchase wherever you get your books.
The course and book is appropriate for couples with
- young or adult children
- a full nest or an empty one,
- and couples who have experienced death, divorce, or a dissolved relationship prior to falling in love.
You (and indirectly your children) will benefit from
- exercises designed to accelerate family bonding
- insights to help you better understand each other
- and guidance on planning your wedding with your children in mind, so you can build a strong future together.
You get all 6 sessions for less than the cost of one therapy session (registration is $99.95 per couple plus the cost of the book).
- Registration closes at the first session. You cannot join after the start of the first session.
- Two days before the first session you will receive an email with a Zoom link.
- Couples can be in separate locations if necessary, but you are encouraged to be together so you can discuss what you're learning in real time. Couples in different locations need only register once. The registering partner can share their Zoom link with the other partner once it is sent.
- Sessions cannot be "made up". They are not recorded so you'll have to attend each night.
In his book Ron strongly encourages couples to find a premarital counselor, coach, pastor, or therapist to help them walk through his book. Why not let it be the author himself?
"Just wanted to thank Ron x100! It was a great course and really eye opening. I appreciate that each session was actually with Ron. The price was so low!" -- Group Participant